HOW TO BE SINGLE AND HAPPY THIS MONTH OF FEBRUARYFebruary 3, 2014
Well we can easily sum up the month of February by one major occasion——– Valentine’s Day.
Many may be looking forward for this month especially those who are new in their relationships or those who are long enough and wanted to spice up their love for each other. There are also those who happen to be part of the single community (wink* wink*) and would wish February 14 will just not come which is of course impossible.
Being single should not turn you into a frown this Heart’s Day. There are tons of things you can actually do to celebrate your single hood. Forget the broken heart playlist and try the following things i do recommend for we are one in the community! (Cheers!!!)
Ice Cream + Popcorn + Movie Marathon
- Why not spend the February 14 by watching great movies that you always wanted to watch but find it hard to set time? You can as always have some ice cream and pop corn on the side and feel the cinema vibe though you are only in your bedroom. Chick flicks as well as love stories will always be a good items for movie marathons. Invite your other single girlfriend for a possible overnight and just relax your mind and your heart and feel the Valentine’s Day with laughter together with your best buddies.
Finish a Book
- I know it sounds a bit of a hard task but you can always opt for a book that suits your interest. Whether it is romantic or sci-fi or whatever theme just READ IT! Promise yourself that you will finish it on February 14. You can make either an essay or book review out of it and publish it as a note in Facebook or on your blog. You will be surprised by people’s comments and views.
Buy that item that will make you happy
- What better way to remember Feb 14 by purchasing that item you have always wanted. This will reverse the way you look on Valentines day and will help boost positive energy in your life. It is not as always a fancy item but just a product that you really love. Buy that pair of shoes you’ve been wanting for so long or that makeup you promised to have.
Have Pampering Service
- A quick drop by on a spa or salon for manicure or pedicure will surely give a smile on a woman’s face. Have a full body massage or go with a new haircut or hair color so you can just outshine the day with your optimistic aura.
Start an Investment
- Now this is where my financial-minded self comes in. Why not celebrate the love month by opening a mutual fund or stock market account??? I mean, if you have your single-hood savings with you then you can easily invest it and wait till it grows bigger that you expected. I believe that now is the best time to save especially for single professionals because it is as always better to have your own money when the time that you will plan to have a family. Invest now because time will be your best friend. And invest on the Valentine’s Day to make it truly memorable. 🙂
Izza of SavingsPinay promotes financial literacy for the young and young at heart by providing insights and tips on budgeting, saving, investing and online entrepreneurship. Aside from this blog she also writes at www.izzaglino.com, a beauty and lifestyle blog for frugal Pinays and manages, www.izzagevents.com, a wedding and event business since 2011. For inquiries, topic suggestions or future collaborations email her at firstname.lastname@example.org