July 2017 Recap and Extra Income Report While Working Full-TimeAugust 2, 2017
Hi and welcome to my July recap and extra income report while working full-time!
Every month I publish an in-depth report of my net-worth and extra income projects. I personally love reading income reports and I hope by doing this I inspire others to start side hustling too.
I consider July as a continuation of the good works I did in June. Although there was a little emotional struggle towards the 3rd week of the month, I am still happy with my progress. No hosting gig for July but I did reach my $100 on Google Adsense threshold which I will talk more in a bit.
But first, I want to give a few background on why I’m publishing my recap and extra income report monthly. Last April, I decided to tweak how I publish my recap and incorporate my overall net-worth, highlights of each extra income projects I have and my goals for the following month.
I do this mainly because of two reasons:
- To help myself stay on track with my finances and stay accountable to my goals and actions.
- To encourage you and the others who are reading this post to pursue their passion and hustle their way to success.
Last month I did tweak once again on how I do this recap and extra income reports to make it simpler, easy-to-read and easy-to-understand. Thank you for the positive feedback and I hope you will continue to support the succeeding recaps.
My Extra Income Projects
I started making extra income in 2013 as a professional wedding and event emcee for all occasion. From then on I searched for other ways I can earn on the side. Below are my side hustles:
YouTube – I do have a YouTube channel which I wish you can check out and subscribe. I do beauty, bullet journal, personal finance and life videos.
Freelance Content Writing Service – I offer my service as a part-time freelance content writer. My niche includes general finance, personal development, blogging and web pages.
Weddings and Events – I recently launched Izza Glino Weddings and Events Business, a full weddings and events production based in Taguig, Philippines.
Also towards the end of this post I am sharing how these extra income projects affected my net-worth for July 2017. Lastly, I will share to you how I achieve my goals under personal development like reading, growing as a person and more.
Let’s begin with the breakdown.
As mentioned before, my main goal for 2017 is to generate actual income on my blogs. Below are the highlights or progress I made on SavingsPinay and IzzaGlino for this month.
- The SavingsPinay Community on Facebook is exploding exponentially!!! I have no idea what’s happening but for the month of July I went from 190 to 450 community members. An almost 230% increase in the last 30 days. This number keeps on growing as you read this post.
I created the exclusive Facebook group to gather the readers of SavingsPinay blog and create a venue where all who would want to learn more about living with a budget, saving money, investing in the Philippines, retiring young and making extra income with a full-time job can interact with each other.
I am humbled by the support that the group is getting and I wish each member will stay as active as possible with all the discussion. If you are not yet part of the SavingsPinay Community of Facebook you can easily join here.
- I also saw a significant progress on my mailing list this July. Since the opening the resource library in June, I now have
7685 newsletter subscribers.
For July I added a free desktop calendar and a Mutual Fund Comparison Guide as freebies/downloadables. I worked really hard for each freebie so it would be very nice if you can sign up on my mailing list.
Aside from the exclusive access, I also send out email every week containing info and updates that I only share for my subscribers. My first newsletter includes how my first three months investing in direct stock market went and the response has been amazing.
- I introduced a new series on SavingsPinay wherein I interview ordinary people who has helpful and inspirational stories when it comes to personal finance, investment and making extra income.
Romer Navarro was a high school classmate of mine and is now working as Fourth Marine Engineer Seafarer aka Marino. He recently shared his A-MAZ-ING stock portfolio and I immediately asked him if I can share his story on my blog. Glad he willingly agreed. You can read the full interview here: How This 24- Year Old Marino Started Investing in Stocks.
With that here are my other regular posts on SavingsPinay:
- Weekly Notes #10 | The Best of Personal Finance Tips and Must-Reads
- 21 Best Side Hustles To Start With Your Full Time Job This 2017
- How to Save Money Each Month: A Definitive Guide for Pinoys
- 10 Best Examples of Networking Scam in the Philippines
- June 2017 Recap and Extra Income Report While Working Full-Time
- Another brand collaborated with me and my beauty and lifestyle blog. Silky Girl Cosmetics Philippines is a makeup brand from Malaysia and is now in the Philippines. They sent over a bunch of their new products and I featured them in a haul post. Read: Silky Girl Cosmetics Philippines Haul
For July, I consider the surprising massive growth of the SavingsPinay Community on Facebook as my biggest achievement. I am beyond excited to what’s next on the group. Hopefully it’ll continue and I can achieve 1000 members before 2017 ends.
How to Make Money With A Blog For Beginners
Now you may wonder how I make extra income blogging. In the beginning I didn’t really plan to make money out of my blog. It seem so impossible to me.
Then last year when I started to invest more time, money and effort on the blog, opportunities opened. I realized I can really make extra income with it.
And so here’s a quick breakdown on how I do it:
If you look on the sidebar of this blog you’ll find some ad placements. I earn through impressions and clicks those ad placements generate.
2. Sponsored Post
Sometimes I get an opportunity to write for a company which is in line with what I blog and what you, my audience, likes to read. This holds a big chunk of my earnings in blogging for the past four years. On my 2015 Extra Income Report, I haven’t declared any earnings from sponsored posts because I only got a chance to work with brands/companies come 2016. If you want to learn more about sponsored post opportunity on this blog, shoot me a message on firstname.lastname@example.org
I make money by joining affiliate programs in the Philippines. Below are the companies and programs I am affiliated with:
- Pangalan. You can buy domain or hosting plans through Pangalan with my link. I consider getting my own domain as the biggest turning point of my life as a blogger. With your own domain you will be easily remembered, get noticed and build authority. Read more on my How to Start a Blog post.
- TravelBook. If you want to book hotel or accommodation on your next trip then try to check TravelBook. They have tons of partnered hotels all over the Philippines and some even give huge discounts. Read more on my How to Earn as a TravelBook Affiliate post.
- Lazada. I recommend makeup or skincare products I use and include an affiliate link on my other blog, IzzaGlino. Here on SavingsPinay I share financial books I read and other resource materials with their unique affiliate link. Read more on my How to Make Money with Lazada post.
Make sure to check out some items on sale on Lazada.
Blog Income and Traffic for June 2017
I run two active blogs at the moment.
IzzaGlino, a beauty and lifestyle blog for frugal Pinays and
SavingsPinay, a financial journey of a common Pinay
I follow a different content and marketing strategy for each blog. IzzaGlino is more of a personal space for me where I can share my obsession with makeup and skincare, bullet journal, reading books and more. SavingsPinay, on the other hand, is more of a resource page or niche website. I try to create more valuable posts that is in line to what my audience wants to read. I focus mainly on budgeting, saving, investing, productivity and making extra income.
For July 2017 Recap and Extra Income Report on the blog I earned the following:
- Adsense – $11.21 or Php 564.15
- Sponsored Post – Php 0.00
- Affiliates – $ 0.40 or Php 20
- First $100 Google Adsense Payout!!!! The money I earned this July on Adsense is enough for me to reach my $100 threshold. And so I can now declare on my net worth the first real passive income I earned by blogging part-time.
- OMG!!! I can’t believe I finally have an affiliate earning. I was surprised upon checking my Lazada Affiliate account that I have $ 0.40 payout already. This money is too little, I know, but the happiness it gave me is priceless. For the past four years I’ve been struggling earning money through affiliate marketing. This $ 40 cents is a living proof that it is possible to make extra income through affiliate marketing in the Philippines.
- Still no sponsored post opportunities this July although I received Php 2000+ worth of products from Silky Girl Cosmetics for me to try out.
Traffic-wise it is a great month for both SavingsPinay and IzzaGlino. Both blogs increased when it comes to pageviews compared the previous month.
I finally had the chance to update my YouTube channel with a new video. Talking in front of a camera is one of my favorite passion project ever and I feel accomplished every time I have the chance to upload new content.
For income update, I currently have $8.78 on my account which is below my $25 threshold. Hopefully I get my second YouTube payout before the year ends. So far my plans are still intact:
- Delete low performing videos to give way to high performing ones.
- Upload more videos and follow a consistent upload schedule. My plan is to have a new video on my channel every Mondays and Thursdays.
- Create value on the content I upload. I should focus on creating videos that will others as well.
With that being said and done I hope you can check My YouTube Channel and subscribe as well.
WEDDINGS AND EVENTS BUSINESS
- I went on a hiatus on the Izza Glino Weddings and Events for July because I wanted to focus on making progress with the admin side of the business.
I have yet edited and published my wedding host advertisement on Facebook. I also plan to post helpful posts on wedding planning in the Philippines. I know I really need to focus on IzzaGevents more considering the amount of extra income it gave to me for June.
I have ton of open projects that I need to work on. My eldest sister Ellie is helping me manage Izza Glino Weddings and Events as Co-Owner and Head of Creatives. As you may know she did all the marketing materials for IzzaGevents like calling card (concept and design), letterhead for future business letters and contracts as well as social media icons. I believe her inclusion will make the business run better. You can visit her website at www.allthingsellizoid.com
FREELANCE CONTENT WRITING
Another way I make extra income while working full-time is through freelance content writing.
I work as a freelance content strategist and blogger for hire since 2014. I specialize in the following topics:
- Beauty and Lifestyle
- Personal Finance and Business
- Freelancing and Start Up Life
- Domain and Web Hosting
- Investing in Stocks
- Weddings and Events
I have a degree in Journalism and have been working in the corporate world as a documentation specialist – first in an IT firm and currently in an asset management company. I genuinely enjoy writing for the web. I love helping businesses promote their services through quality content material. I enjoy meeting my clients’ needs on schedule and getting their message across all mediums.
For the first part of 2017 I slowed down on this area because I had a tough month last February and March. Fortunately, I am recovering well and is back in doing freelance content writing services.
It has been another month writing for Z.com, a web publishing platform and part of Japan’s number one internet group GMO. You can read one of my published article here: https://cloud.z.com/ph/news/the-how-and-what-of-google-analytics-for-e-commerce-business/
For July, I am planning on finding any new companies or businesses I can work with. I deleted my Upwork account and plan on creating a new one instead. I also finished created my own account in 199jobs.com but have yet to finalize my offerings. Still I don’t want my part-time freelance writing services to jeopardize my day job.
I am happy to help businesses and other bloggers grow through content marketing. If you need my services don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
Now to end this post I will be sharing my net-worth for July 2017. Just like my last recap and extra income report I am including actual figures already. But, I am making a simple spreadsheet this time to easily track down my progress.
Here are the details:
- I didn’t include cash on hand since most of them are my budget for the coming work week.
- Although I didn’t do any hosting for July and Although I earned this for July I will have to wait until August 21 to receive my payment via Western Union. Thus, I am not including it on my net worth for July 2017. The payment for my freelance writing gig this July is also moved to August.
- Both Receivable #1 and #2 are money owed to me.
- Other Assets are combined value of items I own that has market value like aircon (I won on a raffle), LCD projector and gadgets like Ipad Mini and previous HP laptop.
- Such a significant difference in both my direct stock investment and mutual fund investment for July. I started investing directly in stocks last March 2017 and I opened my equity mutual fund in January 2014.
- I’m done paying my credit for the shopping I did last time on work outfits. I plan not to have any debt anymore for the rest of the year.
- For the Canon EOS M3, I still owe Php 8,558. I am paying Php 2200 every month until November this year.
Overall, I am not that happy with how my net worth went for July 2017 but I am still glad that it was higher compared to last month’s. I am hoping for a better August.
Why You Must Know Your Financial Net-Worth Now!
I’m Finally Investing in Stocks
FAMI Investment Update
Final Notes from SavingsPinay
I’ve been listening to a lot of Podcasts lately and I’d like to share to you some of my recommendations.
- The Minimalist Podcast is perfect for those who want to live a minimal lifestyle. It is hosted by
- The Purposeful Creative is meant for women out there who would want to explore their passion and profit from it. It is hosted by
- ProBlogger Podcast is a great podcast channel for aspiring bloggers. It is hosted by
For books I hope you can check out Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover. Dave Ramsey is a big name in the world of personal finance. He is a National best-selling author of financial books. His focus has been debt-management, budget, saving and retirement. Read: Pinoys Guide on Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover
I hope you enjoyed my July 2017 Recap and Extra Income Report. By the way, I am still working full-time on my new job. I have no plans of quitting unless I feel confident enough that my extra income can support me towards financial freedom.
Please go over Goodbye July, Hello August 2017 on my other blog to read all about the events and happenings that took place in my life.
Thank you for reading my post. See you on the next recap and extra income report.
How was July for you? Are you interested to make extra income while working full-time too?
Follow the SavingsPinay FB Group and join the conversation at : SavingsPinay
Follow my official Facebook page at : IzzaGlinoFull
Follow me too in my Twitter account: Izza Glino
Email me any question or topic suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or leave a comment below!!!
Izza of SavingsPinay promotes financial literacy for the young and young at heart by providing insights and tips on budgeting, saving, investing and online entrepreneurship. Aside from this blog she also writes at www.izzaglino.com, a beauty and lifestyle blog for frugal Pinays and manages, www.izzagevents.com, a wedding and event business since 2011. For inquiries, topic suggestions or future collaborations email her at email@example.com