I must say that September turned out to be a great month for the blog and my finances. I had a number of events and was able to hit my highest pageviews so far. To spice up a little I decided to add an “Income Report” on my Monthly Quick Recap. This income report is devoted solely on my side hustles or the things I do outside my day job. I hope this inspires you to make extra money whether online offline. Let’s begin.
We reached 175,000++ Pageviews
I am so happy to report that we had a total of 15,000 pageviews in September alone. This is the highest in the entire duration of SavingsPinay. I see pageviews as a concrete expression of love and support on the blog. Thank you for keeping this SavingsPinay alive. Next month my target is 190,000 pageviews. My dream is to hit the 200,000 mark by the end of 2016.
Guest Post from Kyle Kam of MoneyMax.ph
I was surprised to receive an email from Kyle asking if I accept contributors here on SavingsPinay. Kyle works at MoneyMax.ph, a one-stop shop site for comparing car insurance, credit cards and loans. It’s like a powerful comparison tool that can give you the best deals. Anyway, his post 4 Useful Tips to Live Within Your Means is a great quick read if you are looking for better techniques to stop living like a one-day millionaire. Thank you Kyle and MoneyMax.ph for this valuable post.
Resource Posts on How to Make Extra Money, How to Blog and How to Invest for Beginners
I don’t know if you notice but last week’s published blog posts were actually a series. I wanted to write a detailed post that could be a resource page for people who want to know How to Make Extra Money, How to Blog and How to Invest for Beginners in the Philippines. I plan to put an image link of the said posts on the side bar of the blog so you can just click and read anytime. I will also update each post when I have new information, means of income or investment vehicle to feature. I received a number of positive remarks to these resource posts and I am beyond thankful for the appreciation.
You all know I won a Caramoan Getaway sponored by TravelBook.ph. It was my first time to join an online contest and I fortunately won. I was able to explore the great Caramoan Islands and shared my travel diary on my personal blog. I also did a couple of posts related to this trip that includes The Ultimate Guide to Your Caramoan Island Hopping Adventure as well as Al Del Rio Villa Resort Budget Stay Review. You can also read my winning post to know how you too can earn as a TravelBook Affiliate.
Posts from August and September
Extra Income Report
I earned 8,000pesos in September for Event Hosting Alone.
September is a good month since I got not just one but three successful event booking. I hosted a 21st Birthday and two weddings. If I can just market my event hosting more I know I can earn more than 8,000 extra money in a month. I only rely on referral at the moment and wasn’t able to create ads or any other means to tie up with wedding venues, wedding coordinators, caterers and other event suppliers.
- Finalize Marketing Spiel for Tie-Ups
- Start sending email once marketing spiel is done to potential suppliers
- Send follow up message on FB Page
- Buy 100-pieces calling card
Next Month’s Target Extra Income: 12,000pesos
I earned $36.19 USD in September for Freelance Writing.
Towards the mid of September I started finding clients again whom I can do freelance writing. I got an email request for my availability and now I work part-time on an SEO Content Writing Service based in Bangkok, Thailand. I am per-project based so the earning looks really small. I did just about 5 500-word blog posts for the company and it took me less than an hour to write each post.
- Create a Portfolio Corner on the blog to turn visitors to potential clients.
- Find one more client (if possible).
Next Month’s Target Extra Income: $100 USD
I earned 1,500pesos in September for a Sponsored Post
I have talked about the many ways bloggers earn income online and sponsored post is one of the fast and most effective means. For September I got a sponsored post invitation for a reputable company and I can’t be anymore proud and happy. Hope to receive more opportunities like this in the coming months.
- Email possible financial apps and companies for possible sponsored post. affiliate link or banner ads along with 2016 Media Kit.
October Plans on the Blog and Side Hustles
- Manage My Time More. I still feel that I lack the proper time management when it comes to blogging and my side hustles. I want to maximize my day and really be intentional on the tasks I do and the time I allot for everything. Glad I have my bullet journal set up for October already and I am looking forwards for a great month ahead.
- Promote more. I don’t do any promotion at all on my blog, hosting and freelance writing. I know I need to promote more if my goal is to be noticed. I want launch a resource page here on SavingsPinay to gather pageviews as well as loyal readers. I also want to launch a new mailing list where I can send newsletter weekly without pause or break. I feel sorry for my past newsletter subscribers whom I FAILED ULTIMATELY. Babawi po ako. Promise!
- Search for other ways to increase my extra income. I am not satisfied with my current extra income so I am pumped up to search more ways to increase this. I am thinking a lot about Affiliate Marketing and I’ll see how I can venture to this as another blog income stream.
Final Notes from SavingsPinay
Overall I feel happy on how September turned out. I still have a lot to do to make October better. I hope you enjoyed this new format of monthly quick recaps. If yes then don’t forget to share your thoughts on the comment section below or my contact page or simply an email at email@example.com. I also entertain reader questions in the hope that I can publish them on the blog. If you have any question please, please email me directly so I can read and answer it.