So I Entered the wrong BPI Pin THRICE!!!!January 5, 2014
So yes, I ENTERED THE WRONG PIN TRICE ON MY BPI EXPRESS TELLER ATM!!!
And I am telling you that the experience is so frustrating. I have no idea how come I got incorrect PIN and I keep on asking myself how did it happened to me. (Insert sad face here).
I am in the 5th and 20th day of the month pay-roll so since its January 5 I was in full smile early this morning to withdraw at the nearest BPI ATM but yeah, the worst happened to me and I got to the maximum try of PIN that got my card disabled. I went home sad and empty-handed.
Anyways I immediately called the hotline of BPI which is 89-100 and pressed “0” to be directed to the phone banker. She then assisted me and went on straight with her set of verification questions after I explained what happened.
Two things to take note:
- You can choose to wait for 24hours or meaning the next day and try again. Every day you have three maximum tries.
- If you really can’t remember your PIN and you wonder why it became incorrect and you feel like you already tried all the possible pins you remembered then the phone banker will recommend for you to apply for a card replacement.
- You will have the same account number and only the card will be replaced. You will be given a temporary pin and then change this to your desired PIN at the nearest BPI ATM.
- You have to pick up the replacement card at the branch you nominated. As for me i chose the bank to where i applied the card because it is super near to where i work.
- A replacement fee of 100pesos will be deducted to your account but please prepare cash too for the said amount just in case.
- You have to wait for three (3) banking days before you can get the replacement card at your nominated branch. The phone banker will give you the contact numbers though so you can verify if the card is ready for pick-up.
- While waiting for your replacement card then you can withdraw over the counter at the nearest BPI bank to you. You need to show valid ID for this but no pin will be required for you.
Izza of SavingsPinay promotes financial literacy for the young and young at heart by providing insights and tips on budgeting, saving, investing and online entrepreneurship. Aside from this blog she also writes at www.izzaglino.com, a beauty and lifestyle blog for frugal Pinays and manages, www.izzagevents.com, a wedding and event business since 2011. For inquiries, topic suggestions or future collaborations email her at email@example.com