Digital banking has never been this necessary with the rise of mobile technology and safety precautions because of the pandemic. It’s amazing how various banking services can now be done with just a few taps.
In this post I’ll be sharing everything you need to learn about BDO Digital Banking.
- What you need to know about BDO Digital Banking
- Why should you consider enrolling in BDO Digital
- How to enroll in BDO Digital
- BDO Digital Banking Features You Should Know
- Digital Banking Safety Tips
What You Need to Know about BDO Digital Banking
BDO digital Banking is the online banking channel being offered by BDO. With BDO digital bank you can do secure online transactions anywhere all the time.
Here are the fast, safe, and easy transactions you can do when you sign up with BDO Digital Banking:
1. Check account balances
Monitor your bank account anytime, anywhere by simply going to the BDO app. With this you can now manage your deposits, credit card, cash card, loan, and trust account balances conveniently. Stay up to date with the savings you have and what you owe.
2. View transactions
Unlike other digital banks who can only allow you to see your last 30-day of transaction, with BDO digital banking you are entitled to view up to 90 days. This is a great feature especially when you lose track of your expenses and want to stay up-to-date again. budgeting.
3. Pay bills
Pay your bills on time with just a few taps from loans, utility, and credit card bills. BDO digital banking offers convenient payment to over 300 billers.
4. Send money
Fund transfers to your BDO accounts, other BDO accounts, and non-BDO accounts are available. Plus you can also send money to another local bank or to a bank account abroad.
5. Get electronic statements
With BDO digital banking you can enjoy access to your credit card and checking account statements using your laptop, tablet, or smartphone. No need to request or wait for your statement to be sent to your email.
6. See images of issued checks
It’s all about paperless statements! Receive and save copies of your issue checks on time, free of charge!
Why should you consider enrolling in BDO Digital?
It’s no secret that BDO is one of the giants in the banking and finance sector in the Philippines. In terms of total assets, the firm is the largest bank in the Philippines and 15th largest in Southeast Asia as of March 31, 2016.
For any bank holders enrolling in the digital banking facility of their bank provider is a must. It allows clients an access to their account and empowers them to make transactions via the internet even without visiting the physical bank.
You can manage your account, pay bills, apply for another account and more at the comfort of your home. No need to rush just to make it to the bank before the banking hours end. No need to wait in a long line just to transfer funds or pay bills.
Now that we are in a pandemic, safety not just of our wealth but also our health is important. If there’s a way that you can do all banking transactions online, why not, right? Just make sure that you stay safe.
I’ll be providing some online banking tips in this post too.
How do you enroll to BDO Digital Banking
If you are a BDO account holder whether individual or joint, you may register at BDO digital banking.
1. Go to https://online.bdo.com.ph/sso/login and click Not yet enrolled, Enroll Now! link;
2. Next, agree in the Terms and Conditions;
3. Fill out the quick enrollment form;
- Select what type of account you will open – Credit Card or Deposit Account
- Choose whether you are enrolling within the Philippines or outside the Philippines. This section assists OFWs who would like to open an account too.
- Nominate your online banking information like User ID, Password, Mobile Number, and Email Address.
Make sure that you only provide valid contact details as it will be used by the bank to communicate with you in all aspects of your account with BDO.
4. Validate your enrollment
5. Provide feedback as to how you learned about BDO online banking
6. After submitting the form for a confirmation message to be sent to your provided email address.
7. Wait for a BDO representative to call you to verify your enrollment. Expect this call to be received within five (5) banking days.
Don’t forget to activate your BDO account for online banking. You will only do this process one time. To do this just follow the steps below:
- Go to any BDO ATM.
- Press the “Other Services” button.
- Select “Activate Electronic Banking”
- Enter the ATM Activation Code then press the “Confirm” button.
- Choose the receipt option.
- Enter your PIN.
- Get your transaction receipt.
After one (1) banking day of activation you can now login to BDO online banking and enjoy your online transactions.
BDO Online Banking Features You Need to Know
Aside from the common online banking features, BDO Online actually provides additional tools that can be of a great benefit if you are an on the go kind of person. If you rely highly on digital transactions then these options should be helpful for you:
Go cashless with BDO Pay QR
Seamless payments through a simple QR code is now available. You can create your own BDP Pay QR for personal/business use or request for others BDO Pay QR. Doing this will save you time in filling out account info.
The BDO Pay QR offers real-time transaction history. With this you’ll know if a payment has successfully been made and avoids double payment.
And did you know that you can earn points whenever you do the scan to pay transactions? You will qualify for rewards, discounts, or deals of specific BDO Credit Cards if you use the participating credit card as the source account of your Scan to Pay transaction
If this is the first time you heard about BDO Pay QR then these are the steps to have one:
Step 1. If you don’t have a BDO Account, you’ll need to open one. For BDO account holders, sign up for BDO Digital Banking at bdo.com.ph > Online Banking Login > Enroll.
Step 2. Download BDO Pay for free available on Google Play Store, App Store, or Huawei App Gallery.
Step 3. Sign up using your existing digital banking username and password.
Step 4. In the main menu, tap Request and choose Request via QR. Choose without amount and create a nickname for your account.
If you’re a physical business, you can print the BDO Pay QR code and display it in your store for additional payment options to your customers. You can also send your BDO Pay QR code through chat to your online buyers.
Open a BDO account completely online
Gone are the days when you needed to visit a branch in order to open a bank account. Instead of a branch visit, all you have to do is join a Zoom video call with a BDO representative on your own time and at the comfort of your own home!
Once you’re done, all you have to do is pick up your new BDO debit card, passbook, or checkbook account at any BDO branch.
Make sure that you fund your account within seven (7) days of approval to avoid closure. You have multiple funding options too!
Option 1. Cardless deposit at any BDO Cash Deposit Machine
Option 2. Over the counter deposits at any BDO branch
Option 3. Send money online
Easily cash in to Lazada Wallet and Grab Pay
Another great feature of BDO digital bank is you can top up Lazada Wallet and Grab Pay with your BDO account without your debit and credit card details.
From your Lazada Wallet and/or Grab Pay just click the Cash In option and choose BDO as a payment method. Enter your BDO username and password and wait for the confirmation of successful linking.
BDO has put safety measures when it comes to account linking so you won’t have to worry. They have a two-factor authentication process which requires both your login details and an One-Time Password (OTP) before an account is linked. Your BDO details such as account number is not shared to Lazada Wallet and Grab Pay. It’s sent via an encrypted token that identifies your account.
Instant answers to your BDO account questions
Now you can receive instant feedback from your top questions regarding your BDO account. Should you have concerns regarding your digital banking experience, credit card status, remittance request, and other products of BDO, you can simply chat BDO in Facebook Messenger.
BDO Digital Banking is also equipped with security features such as user authentication, automatic logout, and ATM activation.
BDO features a two-factor authentication upon logging in wherein aside from the username and password you will be provided with a one-time password sent to your registered mobile number. This happens every single time you log in to your BDO account.
You can auto lock your debit card should you see unauthorized transactions. Unlike others, you have to visit the branch or call a hotline number.
Lastly, enrollment for bank transactions requires activation at any BDO ATM. This is done for added security that you are the account holder. Before you can transfer funds to another BDO account or change your account information, you’ll need to activate your enrollment.
Digital Banking Safety Tips
No matter how convenient digital banking is, it’s still a must that you take certain precautions. This facility needs to be used very carefully due to the risk of phishing wherein your confidential banking information is taken to hack into your account.
Digital bank safety, the same as information security, is both the account holder and the bank provider’s responsibility. Here are some things you can do to safeguard your online account:
- Logout whenever you finish your transaction. Better if you clear your cache as well so there’s no trace of your login information.
- Avoid doing transactions when you are on a shared computer. You want to avoid having your password traced or seen by others.
- Make sure you update your app whenever there are release announcements available.
- Change your account password regularly. A good safety precaution is updating your password every two months.
- Always remember that your bank will not ask you for confidential information via phone or email. Be wary of calls received from phone numbers that are new to you requesting for your username, password, bank account number, etc.
- Double check if you’re on the official website of your bank provider. Look for https:// in the URL which indicates that the website is secure. It’s actually safer to type your bank’s web page instead of clicking it from search results.
Final Notes from SavingsPinay
I do hope this post helps you. If you encounter anything suspicious, please contact BDO’s official contact details instead or visit a BDO’s physical branch immediately.
Here are BDO’s contact details:
- Email: email@example.com
- Customer Contact Center at 631-8000,
- Domestic Toll-free 1-800-10-6318000 and 1-800-3-6318000 (Digitel),
- International Toll-Free (IAC) + 800-8-6318000