Day 4 – How to Plan for Your Day
Day 6 – Productive Living for Students
Day 7 – Productive Living for Career Women
Day 8 – Productive Living for Busy Moms
Day 9 – Productive Living for Entrepreneurs
Day 10– Productive Living for Bloggers
Be intentional. Know that the time that you will spending with God should not be a time when you feel sleepy and lazy. You need to look forward to that moment and feel the happiness with knowing Him a deeper and deeper. Becoming intentional as an attitude is great for you feel like without doing the quiet time you can’t just function normally. You need this alone time with God more than anything else.
Choose a Bible version that is easy to understand. You can never have that progressive relationship with someone if you can’t understand anything about him/her. On the same note, a Bible is essential for its is God’s way on teaching and communicating with us. The Bible narrates the teachings of God and has been translated to different languages and versions that needs your utmost decision.
Select a Date and Time for your Quiet Time. “Quiet Time” is a term that means a reserved time to communicate with God. This is a sacred time where you just read a verse, do you devotionals, journal and just pray. Most do this activity in the morning while some find much more pleasure doing it at night. You will also need a journal or just any notebook to write down your thoughts. The best time to have your quiet is the time when you are at your best.
Keep a location to do your quiet time. Have a specific place to do your quiet time is important because it will keep you extra motivated. You also want all your quiet time needs such as your bible and spiritual books and some pens on the same place as much as possible. Also choose a place that you can be really alone and you will feel most comfortable with.
Some Do’s and Don’ts to Keep
- Do pray. It is important to have a silent prayer first before opening up your Bible and doing the actual devotional. Ask for His blessing and His ways and His guidance on the revelations that He has for the day.
- Don’t feel like it is your obligation. The quiet time is not an obligation but rather a chance given to you to get to know your Savior. The focus of the quiet time is not you, but God.
- Don’t try too hard. There are those who overdo the time they spent on quiet time without actually doing the real praise and worship. It is not about the quantity but the quality as always.
- Do change time and places when needed. There are times when your schedule will surely shift so make sure that you are prepared to change schedules to in terms of your quiet time. The one thing that you just have to keep is to be consistent with it and again be intentional.
- Don’t be boastful about it. Faith again is a very personal thing. Do not be boastful about what your deeds but rather about how God works in your life. It is important to give proper recognition to the Lord as always.
I rarely post faithful and devotional stuffs here on SavingsPinay but please do give a chance to my lifestyle blog, IzzaGlino since that’s where I will be sharing more about my Christian life and my journey with God.
I am not the most faithful you’ll met and I do confess that I have sin before God. I also have days and nights when I miss my quiet time and I have also moments when I just feel like I don’t want to do it or too busy to do it.
But you know what’s promising about getting that truth and believing God is?! There is no condemnation to those who below with Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:1). The Lord always forgives and He wants us to never ever feel guilty over our failures but to stand up and receive His love and His grace with open arms.
Whenever I feel like giving up on my faith…whether be temptation or peer pressure or I just feel so busy in my cluttered life… God just let me meet people that will let me know that I am loved. So loved by Him. He pulls me again in His beloved side. God is good all the time. He is amazing.
Hope you love this post. Do check out IzzaGlino for more.