So yes, I ENTERED THE WRONG PIN TRICE ON MY BPI EXPRESS TELLER ATM!!! And I am telling you that the experience is so frustrating. I have no idea how come I got incorrect PIN and I keep on asking myself how did it happened to me. (Insert sad face here).
I am in the 5th and 20th day of the month pay-roll so since its January 5 I was in full smile early this morning to withdraw at the nearest BPI ATM but yeah, the worst happened to me and I got to the maximum try of PIN that got my card disabled. I went home sad and empty-handed.
Anyways I immediately called the hotline of BPI which is 89-100 and pressed "0" to be directed to the phone banker. She then assisted me and went on straight with her set of verification questions after I explained what happened.
Two things to take note:
- You can choose to wait for 24hours or meaning the next day and try again. Every day you have three maximum tries.
- If you really can't remember your PIN and you wonder why it became incorrect and you feel like you already tried all the possible pins you remembered then the phone banker will recommend for you to apply for a card replacement.
- You will have the same account number and only the card will be replaced. You will be given a temporary pin and then change this to your desired PIN at the nearest BPI ATM.
- You have to pick up the replacement card at the branch you nominated. As for me i chose the bank to where i applied the card because it is super near to where i work.
- A replacement fee of 100pesos will be deducted to your account but please prepare cash too for the said amount just in case.
- You have to wait for three (3) banking days before you can get the replacement card at your nominated branch. The phone banker will give you the contact numbers though so you can verify if the card is ready for pick-up.
- While waiting for your replacement card then you can withdraw over the counter at the nearest BPI bank to you. You need to show valid ID for this but no pin will be required for you.
my pin blocked this morning, do I need to report it to customer service? or I will just wait for 24 hours to re enter the correct pin? pls help
Hi, can i go to any branch of bpi for the replacement of my card.or it should be at the same branch where you opened the acct. ? Thanks and also about the 24 hr reset is it ok not to report the incident to the customer service and just wait for the 24 hr reset.thanks
I haven't tried kasi weekend nangyari yung thrice PIN ko. But for sure, yes you can. Just bring your ATM siguro. 🙂
Can I go through bpi branch to replace my atm card cause I forgot my pin number even though I don't call their hotline?
It was a hassles kapag naka thrice kang mali. You have to wait again for the replacement card. But I have to applaud BPI for the fast transaction.
Thank you for reading my blog post Sir!!! 🙂
I think this actually happened with my second BPI account. But I was too cheap to pony up for a replacement card though, so I just use my main one, and then transfer money online. 😀
I didn't know I get three tries everyday. I'll try out a few more combinations; thanks for the info!
Hi Iris Pasay! Thank you for dropping by my humble blog. And sorry for the late reply. YES!!! I am sure that after 24hours you can try your PIN again at any BPI ATM. Every day you will have three tries. What a coincidence. Hehe. Hope you'll submit your email para makakuha ng free updates from me. Salamat ulit. Update me what happened hahh.
We have the same problem on exactly the same day.Yay!! Yesterday I go to the nearest BPI but when I enter the pin it I will always get the message "wrong pin'. I enter the pin trice,and on my forth try I am confidently sure that the pin I entered was correct,unfortunately the message appear that transaction cannot be process. Are you sure that it will refreshed after 24hours? Help..